Newport Beach - There are several public beaches in Newport Beach with attractions and activities for the whole family. Enjoy swimming, surfing, and volleyball, or ride on the bike paths. Newport Beach has a pier, lifeguards, showers, picnic tables, fire pits, showers and food and drink stands. Dogs are allowed on the beach daily between 5:00pm and 9:00am. Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- West of Balboa Ave, South of 61st and North of Island Ave. - (8 minutes / 4 miles)
- Newport Pier - Foot of McFaddens Place at Balboa Blvd. (9 minutes / 4 miles)
- Newport Beach - Along Oceanfront at Newport Pier (9 minutes / 4 miles)
- Newport Dunes Aquatic Park - 1131 Backbay Drive (1 minute / less than one mile)
Corona Del Mar - Part of the City of Newport Beach, Corona del Mar is pet friendly beach town with fun activities like swimming and surfing and spectacular views. Nestled at the foot of the San Joaquin Hills, fronting the Pacific Ocean, this beach haven offers many spectacular beaches and tide pools.
- Bayside Drive County Beach - 1401 Bayside Dr., access point at Harbor Patrol office, Corona Del Mar, CA (rest rooms and volleyball nets a) - 1 minute / less than 1 mile
- Little Corona Del Mar Beach - Poppy Ave across Ocean Blvd, Corona Del Mar CA (surf beach) - 5 minutes / 3 miles
- China Cove Beach - Steps on Ocean Blvd, at Fernleaf St, Corona Del Mar, CA (no rest rooms or snack bar) - 5 minutes / 3 miles
- Rocky Point, Corona del Mar - At Ocean Boulevard and Harbor Channel (no rest rooms or snack bar) - 5 minutes / 3 miles
- State Beach - Ocean Blvd and Iris Ave, Corona Del Mar, CA (surfing, swimming, lifeguards, showers, rest rooms, picnic tables, fire pits and food & drink) - 5 minutes / 3 miles
Laguna Beach - Mansions and quaint beach cottages line bluffs above the sandy coves along the seven mile, scenic coastline of Laguna Beach. Tourists have been flocking to this little piece of paradise to scuba dive and enjoy the scenery for 100 years.
- Main Beach - Laguna's "Window to the Sea" in the heart of downtown Laguna has a boardwalk area with pathway to Heisler Park, volleyball and basketball areas, picnic tables, children's play area, and protected tide pools. In the center of Laguna Beach, at Laguna Canyon Road and the Pacific Coast Highway. Lifeguards, food & drink, rest rooms, showers, picnic tables and street parking. 15 minutes / 9 miles
- Picnic Beach - In Laguna Beach, below Heisler Park, where Myrtle Street meets Cliff Drive. Surfing, lifeguards and picnic tables. 15 minutes / 9 miles
- Thousand Steps Beach - In south Laguna between 9th and 10th Streets. A famous beach known for its long staircase leading to a spectacular surfing area. 15 minutes / 9 miles
- Crystal Cove - This stretch of coastal cliffs and a beach front cove is sandwiched between Pacific Coast Highway and the Pacific Ocean just north of Laguna Beach. The beach has a state park with paved beach parking. Three beach areas below the bluffs include Reef Point with access to two coves. Just off shore is a 1,140 acre underwater park for snorkelers and scuba divers. 17 minutes / 11 miles
Huntington Beach - Internationally known as Surf City, Huntington Beach boasts eight miles of scenic, accessible beachfront, the largest stretch of uninterrupted beachfront on the West Coast and is home to famous surf events. 15 minutes / 8 miles
Huntington Dog Beach - Dog Beach is over one mile of pooch-paradise, where canines go to “unleash.” You and your dog can enjoy running, playing, swimming, digging, barking, sunbathing and even surfing! You don’t have to have four legs to enjoy Dog Beach. Visitors often choose to visit HB's Dog Beach just to witness the sometimes hilarious displays of tennis-ball chasing, hole-digging, water-frolicking and “dogs being dogs” antics. 15 minutes / 8 miles
Make a Reservation